Notify the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) about cosmetic products available to consumers in Great Britain (GB).
What you need to do
You need to notify OPSS about every cosmetic product available to consumers in GB.
What you will need to tell us
- what is in the cosmetic product, including certain nanomaterials
- the name and details of a contact person for the National Poisons Information Service, or Trading Standards, to get in touch with
- who the ‘responsible person’ is
How to tell us what’s in the cosmetic product
How you do this depends on whether the product was notified with the EU.
Cosmetic products notified with the EU before 1 January 2021
- export your data as a ZIP file for each notification – the EU's Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP) allows you to do this
- upload the ZIP files - you can upload 100 files at a time
- the formulation of the product if it was an attached document – you must provide this separately as a PDF, RTF or TXT file
- any images – you’ll need to provide them for products notified after 31 December 2020
- details of any nanomaterials in the product